Deadline: June 30th, 2018
The Killer’s eye… We have our eyes on you…
We are looking for entries for The Killer’s Eye, a Breaking Fate Anthology. The Killer’s Eye is a horror anthology looking for stories from the killer’s perspective. These are stories that delve deep into the psychology of the killer and look at the world through their eyes.
Works accepted from unpublished and published authors alike.
Our Mission is to support the independent art, music, photo, film, print, and media community with events and resources to help bring creative ideas and visions to life and public view.
Breaking Fate Entertainment produces, promotes and distributes Independent Art, Media & Events in all genres in various regions across the US and around the world.
Length: flash fic to novellas; up to 9,000 words
Length: no length limits. Send us yer epics!
Submission method: Please send story as an attachment (.doc or docx. Only) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following with your submission:
Author (Legal Name)
Pen name (if applicable)
We do not accept queries. Please submit a complete manuscript. (Manuscript should be submitted as a .doc, .docx, .txt, or .rtf file.) Fiction and nonfiction manuscripts should include an exact word count; poetry manuscripts should include an exact line count. Include full contact information: phone, email, and mailing address.
Please allow up to 3–6 months response time.
What Happens Next?
The Manuscript Review Process
- After manuscripts are received, they are reviewed by first readers. First readers consider each submission’s literary potential and whether it might be a good fit for one of our anthologies.
- Promising submissions are then carefully reviewed by other editors.
- The anthology editor makes a final decision on whether to reject or accept the manuscript. For manuscripts that show some promise but need further development, the editor may write the author to request revisions on speculation.
- If we accept your manuscript, we will send you an acceptance letter detailing payment and rights information and any revisions we would like you to make (which acceptance shall only be binding upon your signing a final agreement that embodies agreed-upon rights and terms).
- Once we’ve received your revisions, we carefully line edit the manuscript. The manuscript is then returned for your review. We work closely with our writers to bring out the best in each story and poem.
- Once the manuscript is edited, it will be kept on file to be used for an upcoming anthology. It can take up to 6–8 months before a manuscript is published.
- Previously published work is acceptable as long as author has rights for work to be reprinted.
- BFP does not require exclusive rights for publication.
- Fiction: $10 per accepted work
- Poems: $5 per accepted work